California has strict financial responsibility laws. That means vehicle owners must get basic car insurance to drive legally. However, many drivers need more than just the basic policy that our law requires. At Big Valley Insurance, we get to know our clients in order to recommend the right package of California car insurance for their own needs and budget.
There are some things to keep in mind when you shop for an auto policy:
- The coverage limits on a basic policy are not that high when compared with possible damage or injury claims on our local streets.
- Many car owners also need collision and comprehensive insurance to satisfy their lenders.
Consider some common types of auto insurance that might be included in your policy:
- Auto liability: This actually covers the claimant if you cause an accident. Basic policies protect you against property damage and injury claims.
- Collision insurance: This covers your own property if you get involved in an accident when no other insurance company is liable for the bill.
- Comprehensive: If your car gets damaged because of something other than an accident, this pays for repairs or replacements.
- Roadside assistance: Roadside assistance is not really insurance. It works like a motor club that gives you access to emergency road services.
You also have a choice of deductibles and coverage limits. By increasing deductibles or reducing limits, you have a chance to lower premiums. Just remember that these changes could increase the risk of having to pay more out of your own pocket. In fact, some high-asset clients find that umbrella insurance is an affordable way to extend both auto and home liability insurance limits.
We Can Help You Find the Best Auto Insurance
As independent agents, we compare a variety of different insurers to find you a good price and a good value. Cheap auto insurance will not save you money if you end up paying more when you do need to make a claim. At Big Valley Insurance, we are eager to meet you and find the best solution for your own family, business and budget. Give us a call today.